Sunday, May 15, 2016

Potato Bacon Corn Chowder

There are days you just need soup. And how can you go wrong with a soup that has bacon in it? Except for my youngest - he has developed this distaste for all things soup, which I don't get. And with as picky an eater as I am, that is saying something. Oh well, more soup for me!

 

Potato Bacon Corn Chowder
1 pkg. real bacon bits
1/4 c. chopped onion (I use dried)
1 1/2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 can cream corn
12 oz. evaporated milk
salt
pepper

Put potatoes in a large pot and add water to cover them. Bring potatoes to a boil with the onion, reduce the heat, and cook until they are tender - about 10-15 minutes.  Drain the water, reserving 1 cup of the liquid. Add the corn, milk, potato water, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat through then add the bacon. Serve.

**I like to sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese on top just before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment