Sunday, February 12, 2017

Red Hots Cookies

My kids love things spicy. Like way too spicy! They think hot sauce is a condiment that should go on everything we eat around here. So I knew these cookies would be a big hit the first time I made them, years ago. It can be a little tricky finding the Red Hots, but I find them from time to time and buy a couple of bags so I have them on hand when we want these cookies. And they look very festive for Valentine's Day!


Red Hots Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. Red Hots candies

Place candies in a baggie and hit several times with a hammer to break them into pieces. Set aside.

Beat butter and sugars together until creamy, then add eggs and vanilla; stir to combine. Mix in the flour and baking soda, then add the candy and stir until everything is mixed together. Drop teaspoonfuls ( I use a medium cookie scoop) onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment