Sunday, May 10, 2015

Caprese Bread

My husband made this for me for Mother's Day. Oh my goodness! It was SO good! We went to church then came home and had it for lunch with a salad - which was perfect. Except there wasn't enough to keep eating it all afternoon, which I would have done. I think it's a caprese, but I'm not sure that is really what it's called. I wouldn't normally eat it because of the tomatoes, but on this they were amazing. Please don't be upset about this, but most of these ingredients were eyeballed, not measured out exactly. Experiement a little and enjoy the process!

 

Caprese Bread
1 loaf French bread, sliced in half
1/2 c. softened butter
garlic paste
Italian seasoning
sliced fresh mozerella cheese
tomatoes, slcied thin
fresh basil
balsamic vinegar

In a small bowl, mix the butter, garlic paste (squeeze a bunch in, whatever looks good to you), and Italian seasoning (again, use what looks good to you. My husband used about a tablespoon). Spread the butter mixture over the two halves of the bread. Place the slices of cheese over the butter and bake at 350 degrees just until the cheese is melty. Place the sliced tomatoes over the cheese when it comes out of the oven. Sprinkle with fresh basil (we used dried because the store was out of fresh) and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment