Friday, May 8, 2015

Orange Slice Cookies

I was really skeptical the first time I made these cookies. I mean, I was told they were good, but orange slice candy? That doesn't go in cookies. Except it does. And they are amazingly good!

 

Orange Slice Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 c. oatmeal (I use quick oats)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. orange slice candy
pinch of salt

Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Add in flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I slice each piece of candy into 4-5 pieces and dump them into the flour and oats before I mix everything up. The open edges of the candy bits are really sticky so the flour and oats help to keep them separated from each other. I don't measure them out, either. I just add them until it looks good, usually close to the whole bag, minus a few pieces so you can test for quality. You know, someone has to do it. When the layer of candy gets to be more than I can add more pieces without them sticking, I stir a little bit and keep going. When all the candy is added, mix everything together. Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment