Monday, January 18, 2016

Snowflake Sugar Cookies

I am not a great cookie decorator - I have a friend who does that for me. But once in awhile I get my stuff out and make my poor attempts. This time, I totally cheated. Let's face it: cleaning up all the decorating stuff is a pain, and a pain I'd rather not do. Even with disposable decorating bags... well, I cheated. For this, I put the frosting in a baggie, flooded the cookie, piped on the snowflake, and tossed the baggies away. Easy. Minimal clean up. Perfect. Even if I'm not that great at decorating.

 

Frosting
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. almond extract

Mix the butter, powdered sugar, almond, and 1 Tbsp. milk together in a bowl. Add additional milk as needed to get it the consistency you want. If you are adding liquid coloring be sure to add it before all the milk as it will thin your frosting. I use gel coloring which doesn't thin. Just don't use very much because it can really color (this snowflake was intended to be a LIGHT blue...).

No comments:

Post a Comment