Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

Freezer dinners are a huge help to me and I usually have several in my freezer for my family to use on nights I work late or on days when I feel out of time. Freezer dinners to throw in the crock pot and let cook all day are even better! When I get home from church or running errands, dinner is done and ready to serve. Perfect!

 

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts - I usually use 2 large breasts and put them in the bag frozen
16 oz. bag frozen chopped broccoli
32 oz. Alfredo sauce
1 green pepper, chopped

Dump everything in a gallon sized freezer bag. Label the bag before you put everything in - it's much easier to write on BEFORE the food goes in it. Trust me. I've tried it the other way. Squeeze the bag to get as much air out as possible before putting it in your freezer. 

Directions to write on the bag:
Thaw. Place in crock pot and cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve over noodles.

I serve this over egg noodles but any noodles will work. Shred the chicken while still in the crock pot before you serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment