Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tina's Salsa

My sister is the one who got this recipe from her friend Tina and would make it for dinner when we lived with her. My kids LOVED it! She makes it with chicken, which I don't eat, so my version is chicken-less (Because she's a nice sister, she started leaving some out for me before adding the chicken). Add it if you want to, it's supposed to be there. I like to make this for dinner during the summer during tomato season when it is too hot to turn on the oven. We eat it with tortilla chips.

Tina's Salsa
1 pound tomatoes (I use Roma), diced
1 bunch radishes, sliced thin
1 bag grated carrots
2 bunches cilantro, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
2 c. cheese (I use the Mexican Blend from Costco)
1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained

sauce:
1 tsp, chili powder
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 tsp. cumin
red pepper flakes, optional

Mix all chopped items in a large bowl. Mix sauce together and pour over salsa. Toss well to coat everything. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment