Friday, October 31, 2014

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

It's Halloween time! And that means sugar cookies! I'm not sure when I started making sugar cookies for Halloween, but we've been decorating them for years and enjoying them along with the candy. I love this recipe because there is no chilling time for the dough. I hate waiting for dough to chill. Really? Can we be done with that? I want cookies now, not in two hours. So these are perfect for me. Plus, they are so soft in the middle! Perfect!

 

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
adapted from Karen Pelley

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
4 1/2 - 5 c. flour

Recipe calls for 1/2 tsp. salt - I use salted butter and don't add more salt.
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in sour cream. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix well. Add more flour if the dough seems too sticky to roll out. I roll the dough fairly thick before cutting with my cookie cutters. I like them better that way. I prefer soft cookies rather than crispy. If you roll the dough thinner, they will get more crispy. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Frost and decorate as desired. Clean up huge mess children made.


No comments:

Post a Comment