Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fiesta Bake

I don't remember where I got this recipe from anymore. This is one I have been making for nearly twenty years at this point. I love Mexican food and this is a great Mexican-type casserole! Everyone eats it when I make it - always a nice change not to have the "Do we have to have this for dinner?" whine.

 

Fiesta Bake
 1 pound hamburger
garlic granules or powder
onion powder
1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 15 oz. cans chili beans
1 can undrained corn
chopped olives
8-10 corn tortillas, torn into large pieces
cheese

Brown the hamburger with garlic powder and onion powder. Drain.  Add the sauces, beans, and corn. Pour 1 up of the mixture in the bottom of a large casserole dish (I used a 9x9 square pan). Add a layer of corn tortillas. Repeat layers until sauce and tortillas are gone (about 3 layers of tortillas) ending with a layer of sauce. Top with cheese, then olives. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment