Thursday, August 6, 2015

Buckeye Brownies

Oh my, these brownie are amazing! A co-worker's wife made them for his birthday and he brought the leftovers in. I tasted them and had to have the recipe! When I made them for my family my kids refused to let them leave the house and immediately wanted me to make them again. Winner recipe!

 

Buckeye Brownies
1 box fudge brownie mix to make a 9x13 pan
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened plus 6 Tbsp.
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. milk chocolate chips

 Make and bake the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Cool. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 1/2 c. butter, and peanut butter until smooth. This mixture will be thick. Use your fingers to spread it over the cooled brownies carefully so you don't tear them, pat down. Melt the chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over the brownies and allow to cool. I usually put them in the fridge so it sets up faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment