Friday, August 28, 2015

Nutty Bars

I started making these years ago because they freeze really well. I would make them ahead of time and eat them slowly - sharing with the kids sometimes. Just kidding, I made them for the kids and ate some because they are delicious and I love them. So do the boys. they get so excited to get a treat with peanuts! They always offer to eat the extra peanuts for me, too. They are such good "helpers"!

 

Nutty Bars
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. butter
 1 egg
4 c. mini marshmallows
1 10 oz. bag peanut butter baking chips
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. Karo syrup
12 oz. salted peanuts

Mix dry cake mix with 2/3 c. softened butter and the egg. Mix it together well and press into a jelly roll pan, using your fingers to push it to the edges. Bake 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the cake layer and bake 5 minutes. Cool completely. Melt the peanut butter chips, vanilla, Karo syrup, and 1/3 c. butter together in a pot over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. When smooth, pour over the marshmallows and spread to cover the cake completely. Sprinkle the peanuts over the top and press lightly. If I am going to freeze these, I always cut them first. It can be difficult to cut when frozen. Plus, it's easier to eat a piece if they are already cut...

No comments:

Post a Comment