Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

When I was growing up my mom would complain about me heating up the house when I would bake in the summer. Or I was just banned from baking. So I had to find some no-bake treats that I would still be allowed to make. Now, I am glad I have a bunch of them because, well, my mom was right! Baking in the summer really heats up the house and I am pretty heat intolerant! But the heat doesn't stop me from baking, so sometimes you need a few no-bake goodies to make instead. Plus, they are great to have when teaching your children to cook! I have some boys that really enjoy it and they love these easy recipes!

 

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
3 Tbsp. butter
10 oz. bag of marshmallows
2/3 c. dry yellow (or white) cake mix
6 c. Rice Krispies

Melt the butter and marshmallows together in a large pot over medium heat. When the mixture is melted and smooth, turn the heat off and add the cake mix. Stir in. Add the Rice Krispies and stir until all are evenly coated. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and press together. Id you want, you can add cake sprinkles to the top. Press gently so they stick. Allow to cool, cut, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment