Sunday, June 21, 2015

Zesty Potato Salad

We had a cook-out the other day so I made my favorite potato salad to go along with it. What are hamburgers and hotdogs without potato salad? However... seeing as how I am a super picky eater, this can't be just any potato salad. It must be potato salad WITHOUT eggs. One of my friends humors my weirdness when we go over to there house and will always take a bowl of potato salad out for me before she adds eggs to it - which I LOVE! But my potato salad is egg-less. Because, well, yuck.

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law years and years ago. I still love it. Not all my kids are potato salad fans, but the ones who are also love this version. Which is too bad for me because I would eat all the leftover myself if I could, but they get to them first.

 

Zesty Potato Salad
3 lbs red potatoes
1/2 c. Zesty Italian dressing
1/2 c. sliced green onions
3/4 c. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. dill
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. pepper

 Wash the potatoes and chop into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Boil until tender. While the potatoes are boiling, combine the Italian dressing, onions, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix to combine. When the potatoes are done, drain the water and add the potatoes to the bowl. Toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. This is good warm, but is better cold after the flavors have had time to meld. Which doesn't mean I don't eat it warm... or hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment