Sunday, November 9, 2014

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Burritos

Sundays are the best days for me to bake. At least, the Sundays I am not working. I wanted to try something new this week and ran across an idea while cruising around the internet. My husband looked at the recipe and said that it would be better with cream cheese. So, several tweaks later, this is what we came up with. Everyone declared it "awesome" so it seems to be a hit!

 
I used soft taco sized tortillas and smeared cream cheese on them.

 
 Then I used apple pie filling on each and sprinkled some extra cinnamon on that.

 
Roll them up into burritos.
 
And bake! 

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Burritos
12 soft taco size flour tortillas
8 oz package cream cheese
2 cans apple pie filling
cinnamon

Open wrapper of cream cheese and score into 12 sections. I scored it in half first, then each half into halves, then each quarter into thirds. I cut each scored section off and smeared it onto the center of each tortilla. Each can of pie filling does 6 burritos and I spread it over the cream cheese. Then sprinkle the cinnamon lightly over all. Roll up into a burrito and place in greased 9x13 inch pan. You have to squish them all in a little bit to get them all to fit.

Sauce
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. water

Put all in medium pan. Heat on medium high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Allow to boil 2-3 minutes then pour over burritos. Allow to soak in sauce about 30-45 minutes, depending on how patient you are. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment