Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Rolls

I love bread. Especially hot, fresh bread. Rolls are good with so many different meals, too. Soups, stews, etc. are all better with rolls. They make easy sandwiches the day after, too. Or by themselves with butter and jam. Really, is there any way a roll isn't good?

 

Rolls
2 c. warm milk
1/2 c. warm water
4 tsp. yeast
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs
7-8 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

I use my Bosch machine for these rolls, but you can use a KitchenAid or mix by hand. Put milk, water, yeast, and sugar together in the bowl of your Bosch machine. Add melted butter, but be sure it isn't so hot it will kill the yeast. Add 4 cups of the flour and turn machine on. Allow to mix until ingredients are well combined. Turn the machine off to add the two eggs, then turn back on until mixed. Add salt and slowly add in flour as it mixes. Add flour until you have a soft dough that pulls away from the edges of the bowl. Cover with a warm, damp towel and allow to rise until double. Or, be impatient like me and just move on. Punch dough down after it has doubled in size. Shape into balls or however you like to shape your rolls. For these, I rolled my dough out into a rough rectangle that was about 1/2 inch thick. Then I folded it over itself so it was about 1 inch thick and cut into 25 rectangles. Place on greased sheet and allow to rise again. I do this in a warm oven with a pan of hot water underneath the tray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment