Friday, November 7, 2014

Corn Bread

Mmmmm, corn bread. I love it when it is right out of the oven with butter melting into it and honey drizzled all over it. Delicious! I like to make chili and cornbread, but some of the boys decided that cornbread was no longer an acceptable side to meals. So I had to figure something else out. They love waffles so I decided to try making the corn bread into waffles and put chili and cheese on top. It worked! They love the corn bread waffles and usually don't complain too much about dinner! Winner!

When I use this recipe to make corn bread, I keep it as is. When I am making waffles, I double it so we get enough waffles for seconds. Just put the batter in a waffle iron, just as you would to make regular waffles. I always grease the waffle iron, but mine sticks a lot.

 

Corn Bread
1 c. corn meal
1 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 c. milk
1 egg

Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour into 8 inch greased baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment