Monday, November 3, 2014

Pumpkin Muffins

When my kids were little they liked to get up on Saturday mornings and watch TV. They weren't able to find the channels by themselves or get breakfast. One day I had a thought... what if I made muffins the night before, poured milk in cups and left them in the fridge, and set the TV to the right channel (back in the day when you actually had to get up and turn a knob to change the channel) for cartoons? Would I be able to sleep in.... why, yes! I would! It worked out really well and muffins on Saturday mornings became our tradition.


Pumpkin Muffins
1 2/3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1 c. pumpkin
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. chocolate chips

Mix flour, sugar, pie spice, and baking powder. You are supposed to mix eggs, pumpkin, and melted butter in a separate bowl but I always make a well in the dry ingredients and put the wet ones in the well. Mix well. Add in chocolate chips - I don't measure those. There's no such thing as too many chocolate chips, right? Line muffin tins with liners or grease them. Divide dough into 12 muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment