Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cheesecake Brownies

I was informed one day that brownies are my "thing" and I need to forget baking anything else. This is the recipe that earned me this distiction - if that's what you want to call it! I'm afraid I'm not going to stick to brownies only, however. I like to bake the other things, too!

This is a recipe I found in a magazine aeons ago. I have no idea which one but I have probably been making them for over 20 years now. They are delicious!
 

Cheesecake Brownies
brownie layer:
6 Tbsp. butter
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Line an 8 inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until they are smooth. Take off the heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour and baking soda. Mix until blended. Spread the batter in the lined pan and put it in the freezer while you make the cheesecake payer. this lets it hold the cheesecake layer better without the two mixing.

cheesecake layer:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add egg, sugar, flour, and vanilla and mix well. Spread carefully over the brownie layer.  Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted about two inches from the edge comes out clean. Cool. You can lift these out of the pan easily with the foil once they are cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment