Monday, March 16, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie, especially when they are warm, right out of the oven. And everyone is convinced they make the best ones. Well, this is how I make my version of the best cocolate hip cookies ever. I have made these so often I have the recipe memorized and don't have to look at it anymore. Which freaked out my cousin years ago. I was staying at her house (she lives at home with my aunt) and decided to make them some cookies. So I did. My cousin came in the kitchen with me and was watching as I started throwing stuff in a bowl without a recipe and without measuring some things and freaked out a little. She went and told my aunt I wasn't measuring or using a recipe! I got tattled on! It was pretty funny because my aunt only shrugged and said she was sure I knew what I was doing. Thankfully, I did and the cookies were good!

 

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. chocolate chips

Almost melt the butter. I use salted butter so I don't add additional salt to this recipe. If you don't use salted butter, you'll want to add about 1/4 tsp. Add is both sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Vanilla is one thing I rarely measure. I know about how much I am pouring in and I put in a little extra to these cookies - hence the 1 Tbsp. It's an approximate measurement. If you don't like so much, use less.  Cream these together. The add flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips and stir to combine. I use a medium cookie scoop to drop onto a cookie sheet. Then bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they start to turn golden around the edges. Allow to cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing and allowing to finish cooling. Or eat them while they are still warm and gooey. Because that is how they are best!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment