Friday, March 6, 2015

Roast Beef Sandwiches

These sandwiches are amazing and there is much rejoiceing when the boys realize this is what is for dinner. Thank goodness for that! It sort of makes up for some of those time when there is no rejoicing and all I get is groans instead. You know those nights... oh, we're have THAT again. This dinner gets the excited Oh! We're have THAT again! And then they run off and tell everyone what I'm making for dinner. I like those nights. It's a nice change. I like to serve them with roasted potatoes and the recipe is here.

 

Roast Beef Sandwiches
1 large roast - I usually get one about 3 pounds or so
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 envelope onion soup
thin sliced Swiss cheese
slider buns

Place the roast in the crock pot and turn it on high. Fill with enough water to cover the roast about half way or so. Add the three envelopes and swish the mixes in the water so they mix in. Cover and let cook. I put the roast in the crock pot usually by about 9 in the morning and then turn the crock pot to low around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Then it cooks until dinner time. Shortly before we are ready to eat, I shred the meat right in the crock pot, right in the water. I don't like it to dry out. Open the slider buns and place on a cookie sheet, open sides up. Broil just until they brown. Place half of a slice of Swiss cheese on one side of the bun. This is when I drain the liquid from my meat, saving it to use as a dipping sauce if someone wants to dip their sandwiches. Place some meat on the other side of the bun, then top with the cheese/ bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment