Wednesday, March 11, 2015

No Bake Cookies

Another recipe from my past. I loved to cook even as a kid. We lived in Utah when I got this recipe and in a house without air conditioning. Yes, boys, I grew up without AC. And lived to tell about it! Due to the lack of cooling in the house, my mom was not a fan of me baking during the summer months. I was told 'no' a lot. But then a new family moved in behind us! And there was a girl my age! And she had a no-bake cookie recipe that I was allowed to make in the summer because it didn't involve the oven! So, thank you, Tammy, for sharing your recipe with me.

 

No Bake Cookies - from Tammy Cherry
2 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oats

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add cocoa, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Cook until the mixture boils. Remove from heat and cool 1 minute. Add salt, peanut butter, and oats and stir until well combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls on waxed paper or you can use a cookie scoop. Allow to cook and set before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment