Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Andes Mint Cookies

I've wondered for a long time why we eat mint at Christmas. Anyone know? I love mint, don't get me wrong, but how did it become so associated with Christmas time? It was not one of the gifts the wise men brought. Well, whatever the reason is, I love mint, especially at Christmas. However it came to be, I must have mint treats at Christmas. This was one of the Christmas cookies I made this year and am just now getting around to posting here. The boys love them, too, mainly because it uses Andes mints and they love those. They all offered to help out with the extras. Wasn't that so good of them? Part of their Christmas service, I am sure.

 

Andes Mint Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Stir in the flour, cocoa, and baking soda, Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. Immediately on taking the cookies out of the oven, put an unwrapped Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to soften, about 5 minutes. Spread with a knife to swirl around the top of the cookie and allow to finish cooling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment