Friday, January 30, 2015

Roasted Potatoes

This is one of my kids' favorite sides to a meal. They like to call them french fries, but they are not fries - no deep frying! They always ask if they can eat them with ketchup. Really? Why do they want to ruin the lovely potatoes with ketchup? How do they not see all the nice spices I flavor them with so they are delicious without ketchup? I don't get it - but then, as the only female in a house of males, there are a LOT of things I don't get!
 

Roasted Potatoes
5 large red potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese

Wash the potatoes. I used red potatoes this time, but I have also used Idaho potatoes or whatever else I happened to have at home. I don't peel them when I make roasted potatoes, but you certainly can if you are opposed to the skins being on. Cut the potatoes up into chunks. I didn't want them really small, but I also wanted them cook in about a half hour. The larger your chunks are, the longer they will take to cook. Put the cut up potatoes in a gallon bag and pour the oil over them. Add the spices, except the Parmesan, seal the bag, and shake well until all the potato pieces are evenly coated. Pour them onto a greased baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top. Bake at 400 degrees about 30 minutes or until they are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment