Monday, January 19, 2015

Cake Batter Pancakes

The boys caught me in a moment of weakness with this recipe. They like to hang over my shoulder whenever I am on the computer, just in case I may do something mildly interesting. This recipe was spotted while I was looking around on Pinterest for some dinner inspiration and much begging ensued. I caved - but only because I had a cake mix that had been sitting on the shelf in the pantry for too long and needed to be used. The original recipe can be found here. She must have used a different kind of sprinkle than I did because my sprinkles melted into the batter and made it a multi colored mess that they boys thought was great!

 

Cake Batter Pancakes
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. white cake mix
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 c. milk
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 Tbsp. sprinkles, optional

Mix together flour, baking powder, and cake mix in a bowl.  Add vanilla, egg, milk, and melted butter; mix together well. Some lumps with remain and that's fine. Add sprinkles, if desired, and stir. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto greased, hot griddle for each pancake. Wait until bubbles form on the top of the batter and begin to pop, then turn with a pancake turner to cook on the other side.= until golden. We eat these with regular maple syrup, but you could use all sorts of things - flavored syrups, fruit, whipped cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment