Saturday, January 17, 2015

Chocolate Banana Muffins

We seem to eat bananas in spurts. Some weeks we eat them all in a day or two and other weeks they sit around and turn brown. I don't do brown bananas. Once they start getting spots on them, I am done. The boys will still eat them, but not me. Too many spots and even the boys are done. I save my old bananas to turn them into other foods, because they are still good for something and I hate to waste food. I used to make banana bread with them, but the boys got tired of banana bread and banana muffins. So I disguised them. Well, not really, because the boys knew what I had done, but I turned them into chocolate banana muffins. They eat those with no problem! Chocolate makes everything better! Matthew is funny. One day when he was watching me mash the bananas he called them "squishy" bananas. So I guess these are squishy banana muffins. The original recipe can be found here.

 

Chocolate Banana Muffins
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1 1/2 c. mashed banana
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Place flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and both sugars in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add milk, egg, oil, and vanilla and mix well. There will still be lumps, but that is ok. Add mashed banana and stir, then add chocolate chips and mix them in. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with paper cups. Fill 2/3-3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. They are done when a fork comes out clean or with only a crumb. This makes 12-16 muffins. I always double my recipes to feed my hoard of starving boys and this makes 35 for me when the recipe is doubled.


No comments:

Post a Comment