Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cheese Ball

I love cheese and I love cheese balls. This is one of my all-time favorite cheese balls. My kids love it, too, and ask for it when we have parties. This is one of those recipes I have had forever and have no idea where I found it. I don't care. It's delicious and I love it!

 

Cheese Ball
18 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese (I have used a variety of cheddar cheeses, but sharp is the best)
2 tsp. grated onion
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. minced garlic
finely chopped pecan or peanuts

In a large bowl, combine everything but the nuts, mixing well. Form into a ball. I usually make two balls from this as it makes a really big ball. We have one for the party and freeze one for later - because I always want more the next day! In which case, I don't really need to freeze it, but I tell myself I'm going to wait.... Anyway, roll the ball(s) in the nuts and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving. It's best to let it sit overnight, but I have made it and served it immediately. We eat this with Wheat Thins and Triscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment