Friday, December 5, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite pies. When my Grandma and I get together, it usually involves making pumpkin pie and eating it right out of the oven. Pumpkin pie is one of those pie people make in the fall, but I think it is good any time and make it all year. I am not one of those people that likes whipped cream, so I have my pie whipped cream free, but it is SO GOOD! One thing I really like to do with my pie is substitute the evaporated milk with eggnog. The eggnog makes the pie richer and the spices more pronounced.

 

Pumpkin Pie
2 eggs
15 oz. can pumpkin
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
12 oz. can evaporated milk OR 1 1/2 c. eggnog
1 deep dish pie shell

Mix pumpkin, eggs, and sugar together. Add spices and mix them in. Add milk and mix it in. Pour into shell. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. Turn heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a large crumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment