Saturday, December 20, 2014

Raspberry Cream Pie

This was a new pie I tried this year. I like to make at least one new pie each year - just to mix it up a little. I still have to make all the favorites, of course. This one ended up being a huge hit! It will definitely be made again!

 

Raspberry Cream Pie
1 graham cracker crust
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2/3 c. frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 c. fresh raspberries (I used extra)

In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and the raspberry lemonade concentrate. Mix well. Fold in the Cool Whip. Put 1/2 the raspberries on the bottom of the crust. I used more than 1/2 c., but I really like raspberries. Top with the filling and smooth. Chill or freeze for 6 hours. Top with remaining raspberries just before serving. 

I know this recipe says to chill or freeze, but I found that leaving it in the refrigerator let it "melt". It worked better for me if I kept it frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment