Monday, December 8, 2014

Taco Soup

This soup is a big-time favorite at our house. Everyone loves it! Maybe because it is one of the few meals we eat that comes with tortilla chips as a side, but it is always nice to have a few meals everyone eats. I got this recipe from a friend years ago and changed it a bit to suit my family a little more. This recipe also makes a TON of soup! It is enough to feed my family of 7 for two meals.

 

Taco Soup
1 pound hamburger
1 pound Italian sausage
2 cans corn
2 cans hominy
2 cans black beans
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans Rotel 
1 envelope Taco seasoning
1 envelope Ranch dressing mix

First, do not drain any of the cans! This is a recipe where you just open and dump.
In a large pot, brown the hamburger and sausage together. I chop my meat up really finely because I hate large chunks of meat, but that is my personal preference. You can chop this up as you like. Dump in all the opened cans and add the two envelopes of seasoning. The original recipe also calls for three cans kidney beans and 2 cubes beef bouillon, but I can't tell the difference when I use them and don't. I get large containers of Taco seasoning at Costco and pour in some of that. No, I'm not big on measuring so I dump in what looks good to me. It's more than one envelope, maybe about 1 1/2. At this point, heat through and serve with tortilla chips. We prefer to use Tostitos Scoops, but any will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment