Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Grandma's Cherry Cheese Pie

I remember my Grandma making this pie when I was growing up. It was always so fun to bake with Grandma! I remember her making cookies and measuring things by the handful. It was so impressive to me that she didn't use measuring cups. I still need to use measuring cups when I cook today, but I do use them more as a guide than a definite measurement. Some day, I'll be able to cook as well as my Grandma! 

Grandma's Cherry Cheese Pie - adapted from Joyce Young
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. Cool Whip
1/2 c. sugar
dash lemon
vanilla
1 can cherry pie filling
graham cracker crust

You can use either a store bought or homemade crust for this pie. Mine was store bought since it was easier and on sale. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lemon, and about 1 tsp. vanilla together in a bowl. Fold in the Cool Whip. Spoon filling into graham cracker crust and top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment